English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
Commonly Confused Words Carry & Hold
Carry – to move or transport something from one place to another
- Can you carry my bag?
- We have to help our teacher carry the books.
- I have to carry my drives license with me.
- The boxes are to heavy to carry.
- The children are not allowed to carry a lot of money.
Hold – to grasp; to keep
- Can you hold the box?
- The girls do not want to hold the books.
- What are you holding in your hand?
- Can you please hold my money?
- Please hold the door open for me.