English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
Commonly Confused Words Despite & In Spite Of
Despite & In Spite Of - is used to state that someone or something can not or will not be stopped or prevented from doing something.
Despite & In spite of mean the same thing.
- I went to university despite not having a lot of money.
- I went to university in spite of not having a lot of money.
- My sister is a firefighter despite being a woman.
- My sister is a firefighter in spite of being a woman.
- We had a great time in England despite the rain.
- We had a great time in England in spite of the rain.
- Commonly Confused Words
- Confusing Words "C - D" Despite & In Spite Of