English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
Commonly Confused Words Cook & Cooker
Cooker – stove/oven; is something that cooks food
- I bought a new cooker.
- Do you want a gas cooker or an electric cooker?
- We do not have a lot of money for a new cooker.
- My cooker is very old.
- The girls do not have a cooker in their new flat.
Cook – is a person that prepares food
- My sister is a good cook.
- I am not a good cook, but my brother is a very good cook.
- I like to cook.
- Did you cook dinner?
- I do not know what to cook for dinner.
Note: a person can not be a cooker; a person is a cook