English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
Commonly Confused Words Cry & Tear
Cry – a shedding of tears; the act of crying
- My sister cries when she gets in trouble.
- Jenni, why are you crying? Did something happen?
- My sister was crying, when she broke her leg.
- Babies cry all the time.
Tear – is the water from the eyes when crying
- There are tears in her eyes.
- My mother had tears in her eyes, when I graduated from university.
- I had to wipe Jenni's tears from her eyes.
- It is hard to see tears in my wife's eyes.