English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
What are relative pronouns?
Relative pronouns are used to introduce relative clauses. Who, whom, whose, which, that are the most common relative pronouns.
Note: The relative pronoun replaces the noun.
- Who is the man, that build your house?
- Mary, who is 99 years old, is going to be 100 years old in a few weeks.
- The cake which I bought, is chocolate and coffee flavor.
- The dress, that you got on sale, is very pretty.
- Karen, who is my English teacher, is an excellent teacher.
- The boy, who was hurt in the fire, is in my class.