English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
What is an abstract noun?
Abstract nouns can not be sensed by our five senses (smell, touch, hear, see or taste).
Abstract nouns are nouns that:
- that can not be touched, tasted seen, heard, smelt or felt
- usually represent feeling, ideas and qualities
- can be singular nouns and plural nouns
- can be countable or uncountable
- Timmy has a weakness for chocolate cake.
- The people want to see justice served.
- My dogs did not stay calm during the storm.
- Do you think that we can trust our donkey to take us home.
Tip: love, hate, violence, culture, taste