English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
English Idioms Wash My Hands Of It
Wash My Hands Of It - to choose to stop being involved or responsible
- I am going to wash my hands of the problem between my children. They can work out themselves.
- I am going to wash my hands of helping my friend. My friend does not want to help himself.
- We need to wash our hands of keeping our building clean. No one in the building cares.
- My husband is going to wash his hands of paying the bill for our son. Our son needs to find a job.
- Are you going to wash your hands from the problems in the office?