English The Easy Way
Everyone Can Have Perfect Documents!!!!!!!
Check For Run On Sentences
Proofreading Tips For Run On Sentences
Here are guidelines to help you check for check for run on sentences.
- Print out a hard copy of the document.
- Use a red or green pen (a pen that is a diffract color than the document) and mark the beginning and the end of each sentence.
- Check each sentence individually to see how many independent clauses it contains.
- Underline or highlight all the subjects in the sentence. This will make it easier for you to see, if you have to many subjects.
- In sentences that contain 2 or more subjects or a subject you may want to split the sentence into two separate sentences.